OK, you like traveling. But did you know that you definitely should purchase a travel insurance policy? Some of the travellers out there don’t actually think much of this, but the truth is that travel insurance is absolutely necessary. Why? Here are 5 reasons you should never, ever leave home without a travel insurance policy. The truth is the medical travel insurance cost is probably less than you think and it’s really invaluable. Here’s five reasons why you shouldn’t leave home without travel insurance:
1. Travel insurance can help if you have to take your medicine but it gets lost at the airport. When luggage gets lost, it can be annoying for majority of the people. But for those who had important medication in it, it can actually be life threatening. Since you may not have a lot of money at your disposal, you will definitely want to avoid paying for another round of medicine.
2. Flights do get cancelled. And when that happens, a whole series of nasty events can come along with it. You may not be able to get to that conference, someone else may have to wait for you at the airport at a completely different time than it was planned, you can lose your hotel booking, you can waste precious time out of your holiday, and the list goes on and on. In the event a flight gets cancelled due to various reasons (volcanoes, hurricanes, general bad weather, political turmoil, and so on), your travel insurance can compensate for some of the losses.
3. You can’t leave home. Sometimes, no matter how thoroughly you plan things out, you just cannot predict certain things that may stop you from leaving on your much needed vacation. And when that happens, it is good to know that your travel insurance policy can cover for the eventual financial losses (such as the money you paid on travel booking and so on).
4. Interruptions in your course. If something bad happens to your cruise ship or to other means of transportation you may have chosen, you will want to make sure that you will not have to be the one paying for the wasted time. A good travel insurance policy can help you with that as well.
5. Medical emergencies. Again, some things are just not planned and there is no way you can plan them out. If you have to undergo medical intervention, it will be quite likely that your health insurance policy may not cover the oversea fee practiced by the doctor you have to see. This means that you will most likely have to pay for the fee yourself and, in most of the cases, you may even have to pay the fee right away. If you don’t have enough money with you, you can get in a lot of trouble. Your travel insurance policy can cover you up for different types of medical emergencies as well, so that you don’t have to make a hole in your budget in case an unfortunate event arises.
Of course, there are many, many other benefits to purchasing a travel insurance policy, but these are the most important ones. Being safe is always better than being sorry so make sure to contact a good insurance company and discuss your options with them before you leave your home.